1. Which of the following is called 'Pearl of the orient' ?
(A) Philadelphia (B) Chicago (C) Kent (D) Singapore (Ans : D)
2. Who was the author of the book Planned Economy for India?
(A) Vishwesharayya (B) Dada Bhai Naoroji (C) Adam Smith (D) Malthus (Ans : A)
3. What was the growth rate of National Income during First Five Year Plan?
(A) 15% (B) 16% (C) 17% (D) 18% (Ans : D)
4. Which of the following is wrong?
(A) Food for Work Programme – 1977-78 (B) Antyoday Yojana Programme –1977-78
(C) TRYSEM – 1979 (D) DWCRA – 1980 (Ans : D)
5. In 1602 where was the world's first organised share market was set up?
(A) Washington (B) Paris (C) Amsterdam (D) London (Ans : C)
6. In 2004 where State Bank of India had launched its first floating ATM?
(A) Kochhi (B) Mangalore (C) Mumbai (D) Dehradoon (Ans : A)
7. Which of the following is wrong?
(A) Indian Oil Corporation–New Delhi (B) Oil and Natural Gas Commission–Dehradoon
(C) Bharat Electronics Limited–Bangalore (D) National Mineral Development Corporation–Chennai (Ans : D)
8. In which year International Monetary Fund was set up ?
(A) 1944 (B) 1945 (C) 1946 (D) 1947 (Ans : B)
9. Where the next Summit of Non-aligned movement will be held ?
(A) India (B) Cuba (C) Zambia (D) Venezuela (Ans : D)
10. Which country's lagislature is called National Peoples Congress?
(A) Russia (B) China (C) Iran (D) Nepal (Ans : B)
11. Which of the following is not a Political Party ?
(A) Sikkim Sangram Parishad (B) Vishwa Hindu Parishad
(C) Forward Bloc (D) Aam Aadami Party (Ans : B)
12. Who among the following pro-pounded the concept of utilitarianism?
(A) Bentham (B) Mill (C) Hegel (D) Hobbes (Ans : A)
13. Who regarded Swarajya better than Surajya ?
(A) Vivekanand (B) Dayanand (C) M. N. Roy (D) Raja Ram Mohan Roy (Ans : B)
14. Which of the following country is member of G-8 ?
(A) Russia (B) China (C) Brazil (D) India (Ans : A)
15. Who was the president of Nehru Committee, 1928 ?
(A) Motilal Nehru (B) Jawaharlal Nehru (C) Arun Nehru (D) Bipin Chandra Pal (Ans : A)
16. In how many Varnas were the Indo-Aryans divided?
(A) Two (B) Three (C) Four (D) Five (Ans : C)
17. In which year British Indian Government had passed Widow Remarriage Act?
(A) 1856 (B) 1829 (C) 1830 (D) 1909 (Ans : A)
18. Who is the author of the book-Fundamental Unity of India?
(A) Radhakumud Mukherji (B) Tawaharlal Nehru (C) Rajani Kothari (D) Max Weber (Ans : A)
19. In which year State Reorganisation Commission gave its report on the basis of language?
(A) 1953 (B) 1954 (C) 1955 (D) 1956 (Ans : C)
20. How many elements of Karma have been mentioned in Bhagvad Gita?
(A) Five (B) Four (C) Three (D) Two (Ans : C)
21. "Only sex instinct is important for proper development of human personality. "Who stated it?
(A) Frayad (B) Kapadia (C) Kautilya (D) Manu (Ans : A)
22. Who is the author of the book - Social Service in India ?
(A) Blunt (B) Hutton (C) Rizley (D) Hocart (Ans : A)
23. Which of the following is correct regarding light year ?
(A) 1 Light year = 9.46 × 1015 metre (B) 1 Light year = 9.45 × 1015 metre
(C) 1 Light year = 9.44 × 1015 metre (D) 1 Light year = 9.43 × 1015 metre (Ans : A)
24. Which of the following sound waves cannot be heard by human ear?
(A) Infrasonic waves (B) Audible waves (C) Ultrasonic waves (D) All the above three cannot be heard by human ear (Ans : A)
25. Who had developed the computer language–FORTRAN?
(A) Darwin (B) Rutherford (C) J. W. Bachus (D) Newton (Ans : C)
26. Which of the following is called as the brain of computer?
(A) RAM (B) ROM (C) Mother Board (D) CPU (Ans : D)
27. What is the percentage of Hydro-carbon in Natural Gas?
(A) 90% (B) 95% (D) 99% (C) 98% (Ans : B)
28. What is the percentage of Carbon Monoxide in Water Gas?
(A) 40% (B) 45% (C) 50% (D) 55% (Ans : C)
29. Which animal's scientific name is BOS indicus ?
(A) Frog (B) Cat (C) Dog (D) Cow (Ans : D)
30. Who is regarded as father of Botany?
(A) Theophrastus (B) Eichler (C) Hugo-De-Vries (D) None
(Ans : A)
31. Before 1956, which class was given to Bhopal State?
(A) Class A (B) Class B (C) Class C (D) Class D (Ans : C)
32. Which of the following is not a river of Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Dudhi (B) Barnar (C) Chameli (D) Luni (Ans : C)
33. Which of the following is not a correct pair ?
(A) Vikram University – Ujjain (B) Gramodaya University – Chitrakoot
(C) Indira Kala Sanskrit University – Indore (D) Makhan Lal Chaturvedi National Journalism University – Bhopal (Ans : C&D)
34. Which of the following pair is wrong?
Dam – River
(A) Rajghat dam – Betawa River
(B) Tawa dam – Tawa River
(C) Ban Sagar dam – Son River
(D) Bargi dam – Barna River (Ans : D)
35. With which district Matatila dam Project is not associated?
(A) Gwalior (B) Sagar (C) Bhind (D) Datiya (Ans : B)
36. Ghatigaon wildlife sanctuary is located at–
(A) Gwalior (B) Hoshangabad (C) Dhar (D) Rajgarh (Ans : A)
37. Who was not the Governor of Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Kunwar Mahmood Ali Khan (B) Ram Prakash Gupta (C) K. C. Reddy (D) Bhagwantrao Mandloi (Ans : D)
38. Which of the following politician of Madhya Pradesh was a member of Constituent Assembly?
(A) Ravi Shankar Shukla (B) Dwarika Prasad Misra (C) Arjun Singh (D) Prakash Chandra Sethi (Ans : A)
39. Which of the following pair is not correct ?
Name Year of Establishment
(A) M. P. Kala Parishad – 1952 (B) M. P. Sahitya Parishad – 1954
(C) M. P. Hindi Granth Academy – 1970 (D) M. P. Urdu Academy – 1976 (Ans : C)
40. Kanada dance is mainly performedby–
(A) Washerman (B) Barbers (C) Carpenters (D) Weavers (Ans : A)
41. How many zeroes are there in 50 million?
(A) 5 (B) 6 (C) 7 (D) 8 (Ans : C)
42. Solve the following–
9/2 – 5/2 = ?
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4 (Ans : B)
43. Which is the smallest among the following fractions ?
(A) 13/16 (B) 15/19 (C) 17/21 (D) 7/8 (Ans : B)
44. Solve the following–
8016.34 + 106.9 – 2006.85 – 131.428 = ?
(A) 5984.152 (B) 6074.962 (C) 5984.962 (D) 5974.962 (Ans : C)
45. Solve the following–
√0.0625 + √0.250 = ?
(A) .005 (B) 0.5 (C) 5 (D) None of the above (Ans : D)
46. Solve the following–
– baa – abb – a – a – baa
(A) bbaab (B) acbba (C) baabb (D) ababa (Ans : D)
47. Solve the following–
b – ab – a – – ba – b
(A) aabaa (B) baabb (C) bbbaa (D) ababa (Ans : D)
48. In a code language MOON is written as 4665, then in the same code language, how PKTU will be written?
(A) 7334 (B) 7332 (C) 7223 (D) 6223 (Ans : C)
49. Solve the following–
EJOT : 5101520 : : ABCD : ?
(A) 1234 (B) 3421 (C) 3142 (D) 1234 (Ans : A)
50. Solve the following–
RAT : 912 : : ? : UAM
(A) 431 (B) 143 (C) 512 (D) 314 (Ans : D)
51. If in a row, the place of Santosh is 16th from the beginning, and from the last, his place is 10th. How many people are sitting in that row ?
(A) 25 (B) 26 (C) 27 (D) 22 (Ans : A)
52. If English alphabet is given in the reverse way, then what will be the 20th alphabet from the beginning?
(A) T (B) Q (C) R (D) G (Ans : D)
53. Solve the following–
A, C, E, G, I, K, what will be the next alphabet?
(A) P (B) N (C) O (D) M (Ans : D)
54. Which is different from the other three?
(A) Lemon (B) Apple (C) Orange (D) Grapes (Ans : B)
55. Which one is different from the other three?
(A) Publisher (B) Editor (C) Press (D) Writer (Ans : C)
56. Which one of the following is different from the other three?
(A) TS (B) PO (C) FG (D) XW (Ans : C)
57. If TATA is written as PAPA, then how TALK will be written?
(A) PAKH (B) KHAP (C) PAHK (D) PAGK (Ans : C)
58. A is brother of B, B's father is husband of A's mother. Who is the sister of A ?
(A) B (B) Mother of B (C) C (D) None (Ans : D)
59. While pointing towards his son, a person says to a woman that his mother, is your mother's only daughter. What is the relationship between that person and woman ?
(A) Husband-wife (B) Father-daughter (C) Brother-sister (D) None (Ans : A)
60. Which is the missing number?
5, 11, 17, 23, 31, …..
(A) 26 (B) 14 (C) 30 (D) 41 (Ans : D)
61. How many chapters are there in the Charter of United Nations Organisation?
(A) 17 (B) 18 (C) 19 (D) 20 (Ans : C)
62. Which of the following is not an official language of United Nations Organisation?
(A) Chinese (B) Arabic (C) Spanish (D) Persian (Ans : D)
63. How many judges are there in the International Court of Justice?
(A) 15 (B) 18 (C) 20 (D) 25 (Ans : A)
64. In which year ASEAN was set up?
(A) 1965 (B) 1966 (C) 1967 (D) 1968 (Ans : C)
65. Where is K. D. Singh Babu stadium situated?
(A) Kanpur (B) Lucknow (C) Bhopal (D) Indore (Ans : B)
66. Which Indian has recently been given French Award-'Legend of Planet' ?
(A) Medha Patekar (B) Aruna Roy (C) Vandana Shiva (D) Bindeshwari Pathak (Ans : D)
67. In which country recently Shangri-La Dialogue had taken place?
(A) Philippines (B) Singapore (C) Brunei (D) Laos (Ans : B)
68. "The principle of an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". Who said this ?
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru (B) Nelson Mandella (C) Mahatma Gandhi (D) Gautam Buddha (Ans : C)
69. In which district of Chhattisgarh, the naxalites killed 26 people in May 2013?
(A) Bastar (B) Raipur (C) Bhilai (D) Durg (Ans : A)
70. What is the number of Central Public Sector Units in India?
(A) Approximately 250 (B) Approximately 260 (C) Approximately 270 (D) Approximately 280 (Ans : A)
71. The first university of the world was–
(A) Harvard (B) Cambridge (C) Oxford (D) Taxila (Ans : D)
72. Which of the following is not correct?
(A) U.S.A. – Associated Press (B) Iran – IRNA (C) Egypt – MENA (D) France – REUTERS (Ans : D)
73. Which of the following is not a political party of England?
(A) Conservative Party (B) Likud Party (C) Labour Party (D) Liberal Democratic Party (Ans : B)
74. Which country's Parliament is known as Diwan Nigara ?
(A) Malaysia (B) Turkey (C) Mongolia (D) Taiwan (Ans : A)
75. 'Mukhyamantri Yuva Swarojgar Yojana' to motivate the youth to go for self-employment is scheme of–
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Madhya Pradesh (C) Gujarat (D) Rajasthan (Ans : B)
76. World's first cow sanctuary is to be established in which district of Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Gwalior (B) Jabalpur (C) Shajapur (D) Bhind (Ans : C)
77. Which state is to the south of Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Bihar (B) Rajasthan (C) Maharashtra (D) Haryana (Ans : C)
78. When is the World Redcross Day celebrated?
(A) May 6 (B) May 7 (C) May 8 (D) May9 (Ans : C)
79. Who was the builder of Dargah of Khwaja Garib Nawaj of Ajmer?
(A) Sultan Kutbuddin (B) Sultan Gyasuddin
(C) Mohammad Tughlaq (D) Firozshah Tughlaq (Ans : B)
80. When was Indo-Tibetan Border Police was set up ?
(A) 1960 (B) 1962 (C) 1964 (D) 1965 (Ans : B)
81. A team of 8 persons participated in shooting competition. The best shooter scored 85 points. If he had scored 92 points, then the average score would have been 84. How many points entire team scored?
(A) 665 (B) 672 (C) 695 (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
82. Ram started a shop after investing Rs. 30,000. After two months Shyam invested Rs. 45,000 in the shop and became a partner. After the end of year, there was the profit of Rs. 54,000. What was the profit of Ram ?
(A) Rs. 24,000 (B) Rs. 30,000 (C) Rs. 36,000 (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
83. Solve the following–
(A) 5 (B) 25 (C) 50 (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
84. Prakash is 34 years older than Lokesh Before 10 years the total of their age was 48 years. What is the present age of Prakash?
(A) 17years (B) 34 years (C) 51 years (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
85. Solve the following-
[1/2 1/3 × 1/1 ¾] = ?
(A) 4½ (B) 2(C) 49 (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
86. Solve the following-
5463 + 546.3 – 54.63 + ? = 599.3
(A) 0.5463 (B) 0.05463 (C) 5.463 (D) None of the above (Ans : D)
87. Solve the following–
23149 – 12302 – 10447 = ?
(A) 300 (B) 3000 (C) 400 (D) 4000 (Ans : C)
88. Which country was defeated by Japan in 1905 ?
(A) Russia (B) China (C) Korea (D) Mongolia (Ans : A)
89. In which year U. S. A. joined the Second World War?
(A) 1939 (B) 1940 (C) 1941 (D) 1942 (Ans : C)
90. When the First World War had come to an end?
(A) August 11, 1918 (B) September 11, 1918
(C) October 11, 1918 (D) November 11, 1918 (Ans : D)
91. Who was defeated by Babur in the battle of Chanderi in 1528 ?
(A) Medanirai (B) Ibrahim Lodi (C) Rana Sanga (D) Hemu (Ans : A)
92. In which year George Yule had presided over the Session of Congress?
(A) 1887 (B) 1888 (C) 1889 (D) 1890 (Ans : B)
93. Who was the founder of Atmiya Sabha?
(A) Devendra Nath Thakur (B) Dada Bhai Naoroji (C) Jyotiba Phule (D) Raja Rarnrnohan Roy (Ans : D)
94. How many provinces were there during Aurangzeb's rule ?
(A) 20 (B) 22 (C) 25 (D) 28 (Ans : A)
95. Which state of India, is the largest producer of Cement?
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Rajasthan (C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Andhra Pradesh (Ans : B)
96. Cholamu lake is in the province of–
(A) Mizoram (B) Manipur (C) Sikkim (D) Meghalaya (Ans : C)
97. Which of the following state is surrounded by Bangladesh from three sides?
(A) Nagaland (B) Assam (C) Arunachal Pradesh (D) Tripura (Ans : D)
98. Which of the following is wrong?
(A) Switzerland – Franc (B) Sweden – Krona (C) Serbia – Dinar (D) Netherland – Euro (Ans : *)
99. Which of the following is wrong?
(A) Madagascar – Arctic Ocean (B) Britain – North Atlantic Ocean
(C) Cuba – Caribbean sea (D) Ireland – North Atlantic Ocean (Ans : A)
100. Which of the following is wrong?
(A) Sydney – Darling (B) Dundi – Kizil (C) Khartoum – Nile (D) Perth – Swan (Ans : B)